Administrator & Competition Coordinator Position
To apply please email: [email protected]
Full Time = 38hrs
Assist in the delivery of all basketball operations under the Rockingham Flames/RBRA banner. Provide operational and administrative assistance to key staff to deliver all competitions, events and programs from junior grass roots to elite NBL1 competitions. Manage all aspects of the Domestic Basketball Competition with over 230 registered teams per season.
1. Takes directions from the GM as applicable.
2. Provide administrative support to the GM.
3. Provide administrative and operational support to all competitions and programs such as but not limited to:
o Database Management
o Member Communications
o Clerical Duties
o Court Bookings through City of Rockingham
4. Be the first point of contact for Association phone, email or face to face queries and provide an immediate response where possible including:
o General enquiries and customer service;
o Competition queries such as fixture changes, forfeits or complaints;
o Service deliveries; and other aspects as required for the role within a sporting organisation.
5. Assist with other general responsibilities in the association such as coordinating programs and events.
• Responsible for the delivery of all competitions and programs hosted by the RBRA including:
o Junior & Senior Competition Fixturing o Registrations
o Referee Rosters
o Junior domestic court hire; bookings
o Player affiliation reconciliations
- Develop, maintain and ensure implementation of the various By Laws, Policies and Procedures of the RBRA, in consultation with the GM & Board.
- Review all association competition related policies annually.
- Responsible for the scheduling of competition matches using appropriate software (i.e. Sports TG) and working with relevant stakeholders to ensure suitable referee resourcing.
o Rostering of referees for junior & senior domestic competition using Refbook Software
- Chair and minute Domestic Club President Meetings.
- Responsible for all tribunal matters and reports as per the BWA Tribunal by-laws and processes.
o Act as Tribunal secretary
o Handle and process all relevant paperwork
o Liaise with tribunal chair to inform all parties of tribunal findings
6. Assist in the running of the Aussie Hoops program and School Holiday Camps where necessary.
7. Assist in Game Day Activations and the successful delivery of NBL1 games.
8. Assist in the coordination of the Associations basketball programs and events.
9. In addition to the duties specified above, the Employer is entitled to request the Employee to perform such other duties as are within the Employee’s skill, competence or training and are reasonably requested to meet the requirements of the company.
10. Assist the in the administration of the WABL competition and liaise with the WABL committee in all aspects of basketball.
Contacts & Attributes – Internal Contacts:
- General Manager
- Players External Contacts:
- Administrative staff from other Associations
- Basketball WA Staff
- Venue Contacts Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs & Sports TG Software
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current “C” Class Driver’s License
- Previous experience in administration or office management; or equivalent tertiary experience in sports management etc.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
- Relevant Basketball Experience
- Previous employment experience in a basketball or sporting association
- Professional Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent organisation & interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve disputes effectively and efficiently Essential Personal Qualities:
- Strong ability to effectively and professionally relate to people in person and via the telephone and email
- Demonstrate strong commitment to high levels of professionalism and customer service
- Ability to meet timelines including the ability to prioritise work
- Ability to work autonomously and to show initiative
- Reliable and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong work ethic and punctuality
- Agreeable personality
- Good team player