WELCOME TO WABL 2021
The Rockingham Flames are excited to announce WABL Registrations are now open.
Online registration for trials is required. This can be done through the following link.
Athletes that are currently injured or will be absent for trials are still required to register to be eligible for consideration during the selection process. All absences must be reported in writing to the WABL committee prior to the trial date and medical certificates will be required for injury related exemptions. Please direct emails to [email protected].
Parents are reminded that it is a requirement of the Rockingham Flames that all WABL athletes compete in the RBRA Domestic competition. All athletes MUST compete in their age appropriate competition. ie U14 WABL must play U14 Domestic. Athletes who’s permanent residential address is >100km from the stadium may apply for an exemption by applying in writing to the WABL Committee, any player granted an exemption will be required to pay a domestic levy.
Trials will take place over 2 session as detailed below
U12 Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th January 4:30 – 6:00pm
U14 Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th January 4:30 – 6:00pm
U16 Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th January 4:30 – 6:00pm
U18 Wednesday 27th January 4:30 – 6:00pm
U12 Thursday 28th January 6:00 – 7:30pm & Friday 29th January 5:30 – 7:00pm
U14 Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th January 6:00 – 7:30pm
U16 Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th January 7:30 – 9:00pm
U18 Thursday 28th January 7:30 – 9:00pm & Friday 29th January 6:00 – 7:30pm
U20 Wednesday 27th January 7:30 – 9:00pm
Important Trial Information
- Trials for U14 and over will be closed trials. Parents will be asked to not enter the court areas whilst trials are in progress. Due to Covid-19 restrictions parents will not be permitted to stay in the foyer during trials. WABL Committee members will be in attendance at all trials and will seek your assistance if your child is injured or requires parental aid. U12 trials will be open for parents to watch however we ask that parents do not sit between courts, allowing coaches and athletes free movement whilst trials are conducted
- Training will commence week 1, term 1 unless communicated otherwise. Training times / locations will be provided as soon as they are available
- Selections are not final until they are endorsed by a Snr Coaching Panel. Team announcements will be made as soon as possible after the completion of trials. Teams may be announced in some age groups before all trials have been completed.
- Athletes selected in to any Rockingham Flames WABL Team will be considered a WABL Player for domestic for the 2021 Winter Season as well as the 2021/22 Summer Season.
- Any athlete that withdraws from the WABL Program after selection will retain their WABL Player classification for the same period of time.
- Any concerns or questions relating to the trials or the selection process should be directed in writing to the WABL Committee [email protected] this avoids assumptions and gossip which can be harmful to young athletes.